What was the last thing you learned?
According to one of our most successful content marketing influencers, Jesper Laursen, being obsessive about learning, testing and trying new stuff out is the key to not only a successful content marketing strategy, but a successful career.
With a background in journalism and content marketing, Jesper Laursen understands how to blend the two worlds to achieve success.
He is the founder of Brand Movers, an organization that helps companies reach their audience through the creation of engaging content, and he also hosts the largest marketing conference in Scandinavia known as Clever Content.
In 2015, he established the Native Advertising Institute, an independent think tank that is designed to help marketers better utilize native advertising.
Check out his insights below:
1. What are the elements of a successful Content Marketing program?
A solid strategy with clear goals and KPIs.
Efficient distribution - especially paid.
2. What are the most common mistakes you have noticed marketers make with their Content Marketing?
Not to set clear goals and KPIs and follow up on those. It's easy to focus on great content and vanity metrics in the honeymoon phase.
But at the end of the day it's all about the real tangible value it drives to the bottomline.
4. What is your favourite content marketing tool (or hack or resource)?
5. What are your predictions for Content Marketing in 2019 and beyond?
- There will (still) be an increasing focus on paid distribution because it's the only way to scale fast and predictable.
- The programs that will get the big budgets and succeed will have a constant and intense focus on how to deliver real tangible business results.
- AI will start to really work. But that will be beyond 2019.