Having trouble convincing clients, colleagues, and your boss that content marketing is the way of the future? Gartner, a highly-regarded and influential voice in the marketing industry, conducted and shared a study about content marketing becoming a major strategy in advertising and marketing.
In their study: Gartner's 2013 Social Marketing Survey Finding: Content Creation Fuels Social Marketing, they interviewed over 200 marketers from U.S.-based companies with more than $500 million in annual revenue, across six industries, to understand how they are allocating their budgets and which activities are contributing to their success.
They share very telling stats of where the marketing industry is headed.
Did you know...
- Social marketing and content creation are considered two of the top four digital marketing activities that are important to marketing's success.
- 70% of companies have a Chief Marketing Technologist.
- Investments in content creation and social marketing totaled 21% of digital marketing budgets.
- Over 40% of digital marketers reinvest savings from using digital marketing.
The possibilities are endless with the types of content you can create to market your brand to your audience. Some of them include:
- Blog posts
- Images (infographics, photography, drawings, cartoons and line art)
Gartner also clearly defines what content marketing and content curation is, helping individuals who may not be familiar with this strategy that continue to rise in popularity among marketers.
Interviewing marketing professionals, Gartner uncovered the challenges they face and presented
solutions to overcome them.
Do you face any of these problems below?
- Are pressured to constantly create relevant and compelling original content?
- Are deadlines hard to meet?
- Is your department understaffed?
- Are you having trouble finding a tone that resonates with our audience and is consistent with our brand?
If you answered “yes” to one or more of these questions or need to convince non-believers that content marketing is here to stay, read more about Gartner's 2013 Social Marketing Survey Finding: Content Creation Fuels Social Marketing to find out the suggested solutions to fix these marketing challenges.