What are your content marketing resolutions for 2012? What are you going to do next year that will make your content resonate, engage and achieve your goals?
For those of you who need some help with creating some resolutions, we've come up with a few. (Note: Feel free to cut and paste!)
1. Focus on creating high-quality content but keep in mind that "high-quality" depends on your target audiences. As well, high-quality can also mean content that is engaging, entertaining or educational. A big content challenge is to avoid going through the motions to meet demand.
2. Stay committed and consistent. Content resonates when you're able to deliver it on a regular basis. It means having short and long-term plans to create content, rather than using a seat of the pants approach.
3. Deliver content in a variety of ways while keeping in mind content resonates when it meets how target audiences want to consume it. For example, it makes no sense to pound away on Twitter if the people you want to reach aren't using Twitter.
4. Remember that creating content is only one half of the equation. You also need to work on finding ways to attract an audience and, as important, to keep them coming back.
5. Measure, measure, measure. Creating content should be part of an overall plan with pre-determined benchmarks. Whatever metrics are selected, it is important to measure on a regular basis. This makes it easy to make strategic and tactical changes to make your content marketing efforts more effective.
For some other ideas about content marketing resolutions, check out this post by Jackie Roy.